Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Week 35...5 more to go!!

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 pounds plus. Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.



So, if she is putting on weight, then it isn't really the raspberry cake or Bravos I ate this weekend that are tipping the scales right??? Our doc. apt on Monday went well (we won't mention the weight gain...I knew the 1 pd two weeks before was a fluke!). I am measuring 35cm, which is right on since I am 35 weeks, so it looks like the due date of the 28th is still on track. As always, Marcus was super excited when we left (he is so darn cute!). He came home, cooked dinner, hung the Beatrix Potter quilt, and took the door off of the closet for me, oh and even bought some Beatrix Potter prints for me online. Talk about a good husband and future father! The nursery is almost done... I still need to paint the closet and hang the letters above the crib and that will just about do it!! As soon as I do those two things, I will take pictures and post them for you.



No comments: