Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs between 6 and 7 1/2 pounds (boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls), and she's nearly 20 inches long. She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Today we went to the doctor....again... yes, these weekly visits are oh so much fun! After an exam, she says I am 60% effaced and 2.5cm dialated. So, what does that mean? Kailey is on her way. Tonight? Tomorrow? Two weeks from now? Who knows... that is the problem. I guess we will all just have to wait to find out. I do know that if she has not arrived by the 29th, the doctor will induce me. (I think she is tired of hearing me complain that I am ready NOW, because she asked if I wanted to be induced Next week. Plus she isn't on call on Labor Day weekend. So, if I went into labor then, she wouldn't be there.). Marcus picked the date, finally admitting that he thought it would be cool if Kailey was born on HIS birthday. So, we will all see. I am still saying it will happen before the 28th. I know it won't happen until after the 15th, because I have a hair apt that day, and I know any daughter of mine can respect that!!
Monday, August 13, 2007
38 Weeks...2 more to go!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Griz! I've been checking out your blog over lunch and it's really cute!
What exciting news - are you nervous, or just ready to be done with being preggo?
OMG - 1 more week! Hang in there!
Post a Comment