I know, I know... I have kept you all in suspense!! Mom and Dad are over here and I finally have a free moment to get on the computer for something other than looking up things to make sure that Kailey is okay. I never thought I would be a parent who worried about EVERYTHING...umm yeah...lots has changed in the past 4 days!!
So, we will start at the beginning....
We checked into the hospital at 6:45 and were greeted by an old lady who definately didn't get the memo that having a baby was supposed to be a FUN experience. Thankfully the welcoming committee was not to be our nurse. (the nurses we had were absolutely WONDERFUL!!). Anyhoo, at about 7:30 or so, the doctor came in and things got rolling. They gave me a drug to start the labor process. Over the next few hours I started having contractions, but nothing too big or painful. Actually, I was quite bored. Mom and Jill came and we all played cards and dice to pass the time. At around noon, they decided to break my water, and break it they did. The contractions started to really occur and my boredom was officially over!! They also started the potosin (spelling???) and that really brought on the contractions. A few hours later, I requested...aka.. begged for my epidural. I thought life was going to be great after that. The anesthesiolgist was a cutie, so I didn't figure the pain could be that bad. Umm, yeah.. after 2 attempts, the epidural was in and I was lovin life. A few hours later, (You all did know that this process took 15 hours right??) the epidural began to wear off on the left side. Ummm, not a good feeling!! So, they got me more drugs....the problem with that??? I lost ALL feeling in my right leg. Now, that is an interesting problem let me tell you. A few hours later, I had finally gotten to the point where I was ready to push, and 20 minutes, yes ladies and gentelmen, 20 minutes later Kailey came out into the world, rocking to the Belinda Carlise I had on my 80's CD made just for the occasion. So, that is the abbreviated story of our big day!!

1 comment:
YEAH!!! Congratulations to the both (three!) of you!! She is just beautiful! I can't wait to see more pics and hear more about your little lady! Enjoy the next few weeks - they are truly the best.
Lots of love,
Jessica
Post a Comment