Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fiasco #2.... she really is my daughter

Yesterday Kailey and I had the opportunity to get out for a few hours and hang out with another stay at home mommy and her baby boy Landen. I was super excited (other than the fact that we were going to the mall of course). Kailey, apparently, was not so excited. We started off the morning with her spitting up half her bottle on me and her not taking a proper nap. Those should have been my clues that the day was not going to go well. I, however, was determined to break free of the house whatever the cost. (stupid me). The next two clues really should have tuned me into what was going to occur, but again, I was ignoring them. Let's see, Kailey crying about being put in the carseat (normal, yet sad) and her crying at first sight of the mall (yes, she is my child!). Oh, wait, there was one more....crying as soon as we entered the mall. From the time we entered the mall to the time we left, she had to be carried. (I knew I should have brought the bjorn...stupid, stupid, stupid). Anyhoo, things were going okay at first. We met up with Stephanie and Landen and started shopping. We actually got quite a bit done before the screaming banshee made her presence known right outside of bath and bodyworks. And when I say screaming banshee, I mean it. Stephanie was kind enough to hold onto Kailey while I went into the store, but all I could hear while I was in the store was the screaming banshee. That's right, I could hear her while I was IN the store over all the christmas music, and no they weren't right outside the door. I had to leave the store (not making any purchases) and take Kailey to the outside doors of the mall to try to calm her down before we got arrested for a noise disturbance or got throttled by the other holiday shoppers. It took probably about 30 minutes to get her to calm down. All the while we were getting looks....some pittying, some death threats. I was sweating, she was crying, and poor Stephanie took the time (and there was a lot of it) to make some phone calls. Did I mention that her child was sleeping ever so angelic-like the ENTIRE time we were at the mall???
So, finally she calms down, and we decided to go to get some lunch at Panera. Thank God she behaved there so I could actually get some food. At this point I was ready to pass out from embarassement and dehydration (from all the sweating). After lunch it was back to Penny's to get in the carseat once again and leave the horrid mall. Of course this involved more screaming and crying, but once she was in the car she was fine (now that is a change!). However, once we got home and I was taking her out of the carseat...guess what happened....you guessed it....the bottle she had drank before we left (as a soothing method I am sure) came right back up, all over baby and mommy...of course a great big gummy smile came right afterwards...one that seemed to say....."That's what you get for taking me to the mall." I think I may have learned my lesson.
So, if anyone wants to see us, feel free to come visit. Until this little one learns to enjoy the outside world, we are stuck here at the house.

No comments: