I was going to make a post today about the trials and tribulations of NOT being able to crawl. For the past 2 weeks, Kailey has been TRYING to crawl. However, she would make it up on all four...then rock like a frog getting ready to jump...and then she would fall. Then she advanced to being able to get one arm and one leg to move, and then fall. She was making progress. But, Kailey didn't see it that way. Instead, when she would fall, she would rock on her belly, put her arms and legs straight out, with her head up (like she was skydiving) and proceed to cry and scream. Hmm, can anyone see tantrums in the future??
Well, today, she was in a really good mood and so she was giving crawling a chance. It started out with her normal scooting around on the blanket, then off the blanket scoping things out. Then, she spotted it...the purple dragon (one of Syd's toys). She looked left, she looked right...Sydney was not in sight...Nothing was stopping her and she took off (well, maybe "took off" was more like, started to meander). To my astonished eyes...she actually made it to the toy and started chomping on it. I, of course, took it and threw it farther away from her. To which she started to cry. ( I am so mean). But, she got right back up on all fours and went after it again. This game continued until Sydney arrived and took the toy.
So, it has started....my life is about to change again!!! This is going to make me skinny (and not just tired) right?? :)
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
She's a CRAWLER!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Liz, How FUN! I can't wait to see her in action. It is funny how she has ALL these neat toys, but she goes for a DOG TOY! Typical! Lets try a cardboard box to get her to walk! HA! Love Jill/Mom
Yippee! Another milestone! You are never going to sit again!
Oh, and I can't wait to see how long it'll be before you let your kid chew on dog toys too! Remember when you said you couldn't believe I was teasing Ellie with one!! HAHAHA!
Post a Comment