Thursday, June 19, 2008

Airplanes!!

Because I have tons of pics and lots of stories, I will post them individually over the next few days. I just want to keep you on the edge of your seats!! (oh and mom and Rob have pics from their cameras to send me!)


First I will tell you about the airplanes....

Our flight departed Kansas City at 7 something in the morning. So, we dragged out butts out of bed at 4:30, woke Kailey up at 5:20 and left the house by 5:30. We were able to do curbside checking, which was great because with a suitcase, golf clubs, a stroller and a baby, we were pretty bogged down! I fed a tired and confused baby in the airport while we waited for Marcus to return from parking the car. After eating her must have daily banana, Kailey had returned to the land of the living and was wide awake. She made lots of friends at the airport, but her favorite was watching the two dogs that were being boarded. When Kailey sees dogs, or actually anything that she really likes, she starts jumping up and down in her seat, pointing and making this breathing noise that sounds like she is hyperventalating....it is actually really cute!! So, after lots of that, we went through to our gate and Kailey (having taken Benedryl that obviously made her hyper instead of tired) just didn't want to be held. She HAD to crawl all around the waiting area....gross...yes. Necessary....yes. She tried to unplug someone's computer from the wall and totally dug looking out the windows. On the first flight, she went back and forth between my lap and daddy's lap. She played with toys and books and didn't really rest at all. BUT, she didn't cry either and didn't seem to have a problem with the pressure. However, when we landed, she CRASHED and remained this way for quite a while.


On the second plane, she realized that she could look out the window and she LOVED it! Yes, the hyperventalating noises were back. Again, she didn't seem to mind the short ride, but didn't sleep either. On the return flights she did awesome again. Although, again the benedryl seemed to make her hyper instead of tired, (you would think we would have learned!). On the first flight she and daddy played open the shade, close the shade the ENTIRE time.
During the LOOOOOOONNNGG layover, she again crawled all around the terminal making lots of friends. Once we boarded the final flight home, we thought we were in trouble. By now it was about 2 hours past her bedtime and she was showing no signs of sleep, plus some guy sitting near us had obviously broken his entire colgone bottle all over himself. Pleasant. Anyhoo, Kailey didn't want any toy more than 5 seconds and didn't want any bottle. She was fussy and getting dirty looks from the man sitting across from us. I was tempted to just let her cry, just to piss they guy off...but I refrained and we did our best to keep her happy. Once the plane took off, she was out and I mean OUT! She slept the first half of the flight on her daddy and the second on her mommy. (Imagine a picture of a sweet little angle here) It was amazing!! She slept the entire car ride home and then straight through the rest of the night!!!! I guess the benedryl FINALLY kicked in!!!



Stay tuned for the beach pics..........oh okay, I will give you a preview...



3 comments:

Jessica said...

OMG...I can't wait for the beach pics!

Jill said...

So glad to see the update. I have been waiting!!! Kailey looks so cute on the beach. Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

Liz, it was fun to spend 6 hours with you all. It was sure quite when you left. boo hoo

Maybe next year you will invite me to babysit?

Lova ya

uncle jay