Okay ladies, now is your chance to help a sista out. We are going on vacation next week and I need to know any and all travel tips you have. We are going by plane and the cottage has a crib and highchair already. My parents are meeting us at the airport with the carseat. We will be gone for a week and will be going to the beach. I think that is enough info, So, start posting those tips!!!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yea - vacation! When we traveled with E I took everything that we would need so we wouldn't have to get anything there. I.e. formula, baby food, diapers, wipes, spoons, etc. I counted out what we normally use in a day and then multiplied that by the number of days we'd be gone. Just checked it all in the suitcase.
Also, make sure you bring a couple of extra t-shirts in the diaper bag on the plane - I forgot on the way home and had to buy a $20 airport shirt for E when she poured Coke all down the front of her.
Be careful of the sunblock - Ellie wiped her arm in her eye and it was awful to get out. Very painful.
Take your stroller out to lunches and dinners - Ellie did a lot of sleeping while we ate out. It was nice. I think they wear out faster when they're so busy.
Ditto to what Jessica just said. I don't remember if you said you had a stroller, but I think you'll definately want at least a little one. It will be easier than holding her in the airport and they will gate check it for you when you board the plane.
Also, our doctor told us we could give Madison a 1/3 dose of Benadryl if we were afraid of her being upset or sick on the airplane. I didn't do it the first time I traveled with her and she did fine. On the flight home, she was really cranky so I doped her up. She slept on my shoulder the whole flight. We are flying to Phoenix on Thursday and I am bringing it along just in case...but she is bigger now and more easily entertained...and Scott is going, too, so that helps.
Overall, I reccommend relaxing! I was always so worried about Madison's routine being ruined while out of town. No matter how "off schedule" she gets, she goes right back to the norn at home.
HAVE FUN! Can't wait to see the pictures!
Post a Comment