Friday, August 1, 2008

Hair fun...



We took Kailey to Shear Madness. It is a place where kids get their hair cut and they get to sit in those fun cars. Let me tell you, it was Shear Madness. To start with, we had made an apt and we had to wait for 15 min. To those of you without kids, 15 min is a long time. Thank goodness Marcus was there to play with Kailey, because at the end of the day, she is tired of mom. Around 6:15 we get called back to the cars and, Well, I was promptly dissapointed because none of the "girly" cars had adequate seatbelts. So....Kailey had to sit in the fire engine. Not that she minded...nope, not one bit. She LOVED to grab hold of the steering wheel and jump up and down. It was pretty funny. The lady who cut her hair had no sense of humor, or personality for that matter. She even admitted that if she had to cut kids hair EVERY day, she just didn't know what she would do. Wow, tell me more lady, your tip is getting bigger and bigger every time you open your mouth. So, anyhoo, there we were with no girly car and a mean kid-hating hair lady. Marcus really wanted a "girly" haircut, so the Madussa suggested that we stack it in the back and leaving the front a bit longer so that it can all grow out evenly into a bob with no baby mullet. This sounded like a good idea. I am just not ready for Kailey to have long hair....way too much to take care of now. The haircut turned out really cute and I was much happier by the end of our experience. The true test of her haircut came the next day. We were at a playdate at the mall and this stranger lady came up to tell me just how cute her hair was!! So, I guess we will be going back. Maybe I will bring my own seatbelt for the girly cars. :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

so cute!! I actually did that to Ellie's hair too because it did it naturally at first and it was really cute so the other night I just cut the back myself in the tub - didnt touch the front b/c its still shorter.

Amanda Stehlik said...

Wow! The haircut is so cute! Love the story, too! We haven't gotten Madison's cut yet. Scott wants her to get one, but I am anti-bangs so we pony-tail for now.