Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Freeze Frame

(Caution: The following is sentimental and sappy, read at your own risk, or just scroll down to the cute pic.)

Marcus and I have been talking lately about how we wish we could just freeze time. I don't use this blog enough to tell Kailey how adorable she is, or how each and every moment we spend with her is the best moment of our lives. Maybe I am just getting sentimental, or my friend's blogs are more open with their feelings, or who knows...maybe it is the commercials with kids in them that are getting to me. Whatever it is, I just know that time is flying by too fast for us right now. Every day Kailey does something brand new and most of the time, she understands what she is doing. New words, new sights, new actions...it is all new. And yes, you say everything to her is new, she is a baby. But that isn't it. It is like a person is forming right in front of our eyes. She plays hide-and-seek, she knows what Ralph's world she wants to watch and dance to, she gives hugs and kisses and tells us how much she loves us. She knows when she wants to call GG or Grandma, and she knows how to tease us. She is so extremely smart with her ever expanding vocabulary, her ability to remember so many things, and to know when she is doing something she shouldn't....you can see it on her face!


Marcus and I were talking about how it is a shame that you never really know how much your parents love you until you have your own kids. Well, maybe it isn't that bad of a thing, because if Kailey could know that now, she would walk all over us! But seriously...where did this love come from? I thought I knew love when I was with my family, then I thought I knew it when I met and married Marcus, but now, I don't know if I knew it at all. Or maybe they are all different types of love. But I do know that Marcus and I love Kailey with all of our hearts. We feel so blessed to have been given the chance to raise her and see her grow each and every day. Every day, every moment is a new experience with her. Most good, some bad, but all precious. I am sad at night when I go to sleep knowing that tomorrow I won't remember all of the precious moments this day has brought us, but yet I look forward to the moments to come. Those times when I look at my daughter, at my family and see goodness in a world that is spiraling out of control. For in those moments, all is right. In those moments, everything else disappears. There are no politics, no stock markets, no worries. Only giggles and smiles and words that only Marcus and I can understand. Those moments, those smiles, that innocence and love are what we wish we could bottle up and keep forever. But time moves on and with a sparkle in her eye, that perfect little girl wiggles out of her chair and is off on her trek around the table so that she can be caught and brought into a fit of giggles from the tickle monster. Freeze Frame that moment and life would be perfect.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Brought tears to my eyes. What a lucky little girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm so very happy that you and Marcus realize and appreciate the miracle of having your own baby. It is truly an feeling that no one can explain to you..and don't worry---the feeling doesn't ever go away (at least not permanently!) ;)