Monday, February 9, 2009

Letter From Kailey

Dear My Parent's Friends,


Mommy says it has been too long since I have written to you, so I thought I would give you an update of what we (and by that I mean me) have been doing. I have been keeping my parents super busy. They don't have enough to do, so I have to work at it. I try to get them out of the house as much as possible, but when we can't get out, I have to get pretty creative. For example, yesterday was a cold day, so we couldn't play outside. I decided to give my parent's an unsolicited concert at the lunch table. After mommy was done getting lunch ready we all sat down to eat. Instead of eating right away, I started signing my ABCs and I did the WHOLE song! The look of astonishment on mommy and daddy's faces was GREAT! They got all excited and made me call GG and Gunga to sing it to them. I did an encore, but it wasn't the same show mommy and daddy got. I have really been into singing lately and can do requests anytime....well, that is if you want to hear "I'm a little teapot, Twinkle-Twinkle, or Rock-a-by-baby". Anyhoo, they liked my concert, so I may do it again soon.

This past weekend, mommy and daddy took me to two parks on Saturday where I showed off my sliding and climbing skills. I also go to meet a handsome fireman and look at a ginormous firetruck. Daddy says firemen are our friends. Mommy says they are Hot. I just like the cool hats they wear. We also took Sydney to the dog park where there were THOUSANDS of dogs playing because of the great weather. I got lots of kisses from many different dogs and I even met a PURPLE poodle and a BLACK AND GREEN poodle....WEIRD!! On Sunday we went to IHOP for breakfast where I threw up my food (that is the 2 time I have done that at IHOP), but it was all good, I still made them take me to the mall play area where I gave mommy and daddy quite the work out.

Let's see, what else have I been up to? Well, I am trying to work on going potty in the big girl potty, but I don't think it is as much fun as it was before. Maybe I will work on it again later. I kinda like my diapers...they have my friends Mickey and Minney on them. Oh.... I know what else, I get to see my cousin Owen once a week now. My mommy watches him on Tuesdays. I really like it when he comes to play and I love the bubbles he blows, but by the end of the day I just don't want to share my mommy anymore.

I have gotten really good at coloring, although why Mommy doesn't consider the coloring on my face art I just don't understand. I think I look great with green, red and purple marks all over my face. A true artist would understand.

I have developed a love for shoes. Any kind of shoes will do, even Daddy's. But, I LOVE to take Mommy's shoes out of her closet and walk up and down the hallway with them. I feel like the prettiest princess in the world when I get to wear the sparkly shoes. Daddy and Mommy laugh at me when I do this, but they say it is just because I am so darn cute. Grandpa says he will be taking me shoe shopping soon since my tennis shoes are getting worn out. He loves shoes as much as I do. (But as far as I know he stays away from the sparkly ones.)

I am still a really picky eater. Mommy and Daddy finally realized that if they didn't cut up my food, I would eat more of it. I mean come on, I am 17 months old! I don't need EVERYTHING cut up! My favorite food used to be chicken nuggets and french fries. But, I have grown up now and I love pizza!! LOVE IT!!!


I am really trying to make mommy and daddy proud by using my best manners. I say hi to everyone I meet and greet them with a huge smile. I also have gotten pretty darn good at saying please and thank you. Oh and Bless you...I say this one a lot. And I don't reserve it for just sneezes. I think if you cough, you should also get a Bless You. One thing I can't figure out is why some strangers don't thank me for saying Bless You, or why they don't say hi back. Can't they see this adorable face?? HELLLLLOOOO! Geez. Mommy says some people are just rude and I believe her.

Well, I think you are about caught up on things. Mommy always tells Daddy that it isn't nice to brag about yourself, (You know he is always saying he is Awesome) so I will stop bragging. But, just know there is more stuff I do, I just can't list them all!!!

Thanks for checking in every once in a while. I am happy to report that Mommy and Daddy have not been too mean lately and I think I will stay with them for a while longer. Come visit!!

Love,
Kailey



2 comments:

Jessica said...

Look at her belly in that last pic. Its fantastic! And I love these updates, Kailey! You are becoming such a big girl!

Addie's World said...

She is getting really big and super smart! Oh and even though she looks like Marcus - she's adorable! :)

(PS - That's right, I'm blogging at work! Ha!)