Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day = Baking and Crafts with Grandma and GG

Kailey had quite the Valentines extravaganza this year. On Friday Kailey and I headed up to Grandma's house to bake Valentine's cookies with Grandma and Weston. I was REALLY surprised at how well it all turned out. Kailey donned her apron and went to work with her own rolling pin and tiny heart cookie cutter. She kept saying "roll, roll" when she was rolling out her dough (or when she was pounding on it). She liked to cut out her cookies, but I think she liked the spatula the best. She and Weston did a great job making the cookies. After they were all cooled, it was time to decorate them. That was the Funny part! Kailey sort of got the hang of icing them, but she was MOST interesting in decorating the cookies with the little message hearts....you know the ones- small, colorful, messages written on them, FULL OF SUGAR!
Kailey wanted all of her cookies decorated with these, mainly because she could put one on the cookie, then take it off and eat it, put another one on, etc. That girl probably ate more than she put on. She did however make a cookie with LOTS of love for her daddy...note the bare side? it once was full of candy hearts....now in her tummy. Let me tell you, getting her down for a nap was NO easy task that day! (ps. Notice the headband in the picture? Kailey got a new Doll from Daddy and the doll has a headband....therefor Kailey HAD to have a headband too...she put it on herself and loved it!!! I have since had to buy little girl headbands)
Pre-Cookie Making:




Rolling out the dough....





Cutting out the cookies



Weston Decorating




Kailey Icing her cookies



Signing more please, for more candy hearts (because she has eaten most of them)



What?? I'm not eating anything, I'm decorating...



Feeling the effects of the sugar rush...



Making a super-duper cookie for Daddy with lots of LOVE (or candy hearts)



Looks like some are missing, bet you know where they went!



The fruits of our labor...




After the fun at Grandma's, Gunga came to pick Kailey up for a sleepover at GG and Gunga's house. Mom said she ate and ate and ate spaghetti for dinner and went to bed at a decent time. (I think she was saving up for the next day.) On Valentine's day, Gunga dressed her up in this adorable dress (Thanks to Great Grandpa Harold) and from the story that I heard, Kailey and Gunga banged on the bathroom door until GG got out of the shower to admire just how cute Kailey was. hehe. After playing outside, Kailey and GG made mommy and daddy a Valentine complete with coloring and pom-poms. Apparently Kailey was most impressed with the pom-poms and kept sticking them down her dress (she thinks there is a pocket under her shirts...she likes to save stuff there). I picked Kailey up around 4 (after a 2 1/2 hour nap!) laden with gifts and a balloon from her GG and Gunga. We came home to deliver some Valentine treats to the neighbors and open the rest of her Valentine Cards. I think it is fair to say that Kailey had a WONDERFUL Valentines. Mommy and Daddy enjoyed their free night as well (thank you GG and Gunga). ;)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What a great Valentine's Day!! Love all the pics...and the headband!