Kailey's new name is Pirate Pink Leg. Why? You ask. Well, check out the picture....
No, we did not abuse her, she didn't fall down the stairs (well, okay she did, but she didn't hurt her leg), and she didn't perform any ninja antics to get this pink cast. Most of you know that her foot turns inward. Ever since she started walking we have noticed it. "Oh, she will grow out of it," most people said. In acutality 90-95% of kids do. We apprently have one the 5% that doesn't. Kailey has Metatarsus Adductus. Essentially the muscle in the side of her foot is very tight and causes the foot and toes to turn inward. They put her in a "straighting cast" to help teach the muscles where they should be and train the foot to go straight. In 3 weeks she will have the cast taken off and she will have to wear "corrective shoes" (anyone else imagining god awful ugly shoes?) for 3-4 months. Supposedly that should make everything better....and if that doesn't work, Kailey believes Cheetos make her feel better, so we can just ply her with those.
So, thats the scoop.
Dear My Parent's Friends,
Today mommy and daddy took me to the doctor at this really neat Hospital. There were LOTS of fun things to look at on the walls and fake trees in the waiting area. It was G-reat! Well, it was great until I had to go see the doctor. Mommy said they were going to look at my foot, but they made me take all my clothes off. Seriously. All but my diaper. I wasn't exactly happy about it, but I kept busy running around the room. I wanted to make sure the doctor knew I could run really fast! After watching me run around Daddy said I was making him look bad. Mommy had to explain to him that I am always this way in the morning. It was kinda funny. Daddy thought that the time he took me to the doctor when I wasn't feeling well, was my normal doctor's office behavior. YEAH RIGHT!! I like to jump, bounce, climb on stools, play with... I am getting sidetracked. Anyhoo, after running around the doctor asked me to get on the table and lie down so she could see my spine and play with my legs some more. I polietly declined with, "No thank you." She made me do it anyway. Then another doctor came in and my fate was decided. I wouldn't have to walk the plank, but I was going to get a peg leg. At least it would be a pink peg leg. I managed to show them how strong I was when they were putting it on. It took 2 nurses, daddy and mommy (who was telling me stories) to keep me in one spot. I am amazingly strong if you must know. So, now I am Pirate Pink Leg to you all. Address me with respect and feel sorry for me. So sorry you want to bring me cute things and toys because I look soooo pitiful with this pink peg leg and you know it must be awful having to lug it around when I should be climbing and swimming and running and playing in sand and....is it working? do you feel sorry for me? No? Geez, grow some hearts people. Well, maybe you will feel sorry for me when I am wearing my "corrective shoes". Wonder what mom and dad will call them? Hmmm
Yours till the shoe fits,
Pirate Pink Leg

4 comments:
Well, you're the cutest Pirate Pink Leg I've ever seen!
I want one too! Way to go Kailey girl~~you're gonna be the hit of the playgroup for sure. Yesterday you wanted to go home with me~~I should have let you!
P.S. Let's make your Mom and Dad walk the plank.
If you want, I can come over and play doctor. Whenever Daddy says that to mommy she giggles...so it must be good, right?
Post a Comment