Tuesday, June 23, 2009

DOUBLE YEAH!!!

1. Daddy bought Kailey a t-shirt on his trip and that is what she wore today!!! No yellow dress!! (although the t-shirt says "we need a pitcher not a belly itcher" so maybe the yellow dress was better?)

2. The CAST IS OFF!!! Well, kinda. We don't pick up her "corrective shoes" aka her beautiful princess shoes that mommy is going to bedazzle, until tomorrow. So, they turned the cast into a brace for naps and nighttime, so she is wearing it until tomorrow. I am happy to say that her foot looked much better. Now she has to wear the shoes and the brace at night to help train her foot to stay in that position. We did have another delightful time at Children's Mercy though. Her apt was at 8. I got 2 calls reminding me of her apt at 7:45...okay I thought, they must have changed it. No big deal. We get there early, like you do for apts (especially if Marcus is your hubby...I love you honey). They aren't even open yet. Then we sign in, other people arrive. at 8 they start calling people back. 1, 2, 3 Families WHO CAME AFTER US, were called in before us. We finally get int, get the cast off and talk to the wack job of a doctor...seriously, she is a wack job. Ask me about her later. Then they go to turn the cast into a brace. We wait and wait and wait and wait.....FINALLY after being there for umm, about an hour we have our brace. But, wait, there is more. Of course there is. The brace is not complete because they can't find any of the velcro straps. The nurse (who was also the one who put the second cast on and knew the whole story about how it was done wrong the first time) could not appologize enough. She actually looked kinda scared to walk into the room. I think she thought we would really be ticked. Anyhoo, she gave us some other wrap to use for a few days until she can get to the other office and mail the straps to us. (supposedly they will go out today). So, that is that. Tomorrow we get the "beautiful princess shoes that everyone MUST make a BIG deal about" (because I am sure Kailey will NOT like them. I will post them sometime after I bedazzle them.
:)

1 comment:

Aunt Amy said...

Ahhh..healthcare. gotta love it.

Kailey, your shoes will be beautiful. Wear them with pride. When you get older and your parents see the kind of big girl shoes "Aunt Amy" picks out for you they'll be begging for the days that you had those little jewels. We likey the very high heels.