Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Facts

Fact: Being at work during the day is easier than being at home with an infant/toddler all day by yourself.

Fact: Getting up at 5:30, getting baby up and dropped off at daycare, then going to work all day, picking up baby, getting dinner (even if it was delivery, don't judge me), playing with said baby, bathing baby, running errands while baby is sleeping, vacumning and dusting, microwaving soap in the microwave for a science experiment, cleaning out said microwave when the soap expands more than you thought it would, getting diaper bag ready for next day, and posting is WAY harder than being by yourself with a toddler/infant all day.

Fact: I am tired.

Fact: Kailey had a GREAT day at Daycare and I will TRY to post the pics and tell you all about it tomorrow.

Fact: I totally ran out of time to grade the math inventory my kids took today.

Fact: I am going to sleep now.

3 comments:

Amanda Stehlik said...

You are my hero!

Jessica said...

I hear ya there sister. No matter which way you're doing it its tough.

I did the 5am thing when I went back to work with El and will do it again after my 12 weeks with Keaton is up. Its hard but I promise it gets easier as each day goes by. I have low standards though - LOL. My house is definitely NOT spotless.

Amanda Stehlik said...

I had to read this again, Liz. I believe everything you have said to be true. Staying at home is not easy...but you have all day to get things accomplished, and whatever you don't get done can go on the next day's list. When you're off to work, you still have all those things to do...just less time to do them in. As you feel out this new world, remember to give yourself a break here and there. Something's got to give...let it be the house work or home cooked supper. No one is judging, just looking in amazement as you continue to be a great mom and wife as well as an excellent teacher.