Wednesday, January 20, 2010

ARgh

And no, that is not a Pirate Argh! That is an ARGH, why is my child ruining all her books??? Kailey has litterally eaten/chewed or torn a majority of her books. I don't understand why she feels the need to eat them? Does she need more fiber?? The other night she was caught tearing out some of the pop-ups in one of her books (this after we came in one night and she had book actually STUCK between her teeth). She knew she was in BIG trouble. She had to pack up all of her books into a box and she has not had them since Monday night. Now, the genius in me says that if she can't be responsible, she can't take books to bed. The teacher in my says books are soo good for her to look at and "read". The mom in me says it is easier to let her "read" in bed while she falls asleep because she is quiet. See my internal battle? She keeps asking for her books back, but we haven't given in yet. I wonder how long is long enough to teach her the lesson? I wonder if our next child will have any books to read that aren't eaten? I wonder wonder wonder wonder whoooooo, who wrote the book of love. (only mom will catch on to that rant). Anyhooo....so, there you have it. One of our first parental dilemas.

Oh and while we are on firsts....did I tell you about my first run to Target at night for a "I forgot I have a report due tomorrow mom" moment?? The other night, I was getting Kailey ready for the night when I remembered that she was STAR of the week that week for daycare. It had totally slipped my mind!!! I had to make a poster, complete with Pictures all about Kailey. Yeah, ideally we were supposed to make it together, but I know NONE of the other moms had done that....I had seen the creative scrapbooky posters they put up. So, up to the computer I went to upload pics to wallgreens so I could get them printed in an hour and then off to Target I headed. After an hour and a half, I had a pretty darn good poster. I took a pink posterboard and glued it to a white one, I had little slots that opened to reveal the pictures (it was tactile so the kids could play with it....yeah take that creative mommies) and of course it had glitter glue...duh!! Kailey was super excited to see it the next day and proclaimed that she had helped make it. yeah, sure kid. Anyhoo, she took it in all by herself, of course, and hung it up. Then because of all the snow days, she was only there one day to enjoy being STAR of the week. Figures.

1 comment: