Thursday, June 17, 2010

Night Terrors

The past week Kailey has had a very hard time sleeping. In fact, almost one hour after she falls asleep, she wakes back up sweating and crying like no other. She says she didn't have a bad dream. Sometimes she can tell us what scared her. One night it was the door, the next the nightlight was too bright, the next not bright enough. Sometimes she can't say what woke her up or scared her. She can't fall back asleep without someone lying with her for about 20 minutes, and one night it was over an hour. I read that sometimes a stressful situation can bring on nightmares, but I am can't figure it out. She is potty training and doing a pretty darn good job in her pull ups, but I don't know if that is it or what. Any sleep experts out there? It is soo sad to see your child scared and crying.

1 comment:

Amanda Stehlik said...

Madison does this right before she gets an ear infection. Don't know if the two are related, but she never complains about her ear hurting during the fit and she's perfectly fine during the day. Then, about 4 days later, the fever hits. Good luck. I have no words of advice...you're doing just what I would do.