Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break

This is for Kailey, in Lieu of pictures.....
Dear Bug,
We didn't take many pictures this spring break, but that doesn't mean we didn't have fun. In fact, I had a GREAT time with you. You went to school on Monday and Tuesday because you hadn't been in forever since you had been so sick. But, then it was on!! Wednesday we had a play date/birthday party with Olivia. Then we met GG and Gunga for lunch where you couldn't stop giving GG kisses. Next we stopped by Grandma's work and you were shy, which was funny because they said you had never been shy before. By the time we got home, there was no way you were going to take a nap. So, you "rested" and then we spent some time outside and even made some small "volcanoes" before I headed off for a girl's night. On Thursday we had a playdate in the morning with Chloe and you two were just super cute playing dolls and house. After another "restful" nap time, we said goodbye to daddy who was going hunting. Then you and I went to Remmy's house for another playdate/watch party on St. Patty's night. What a blast you had. There were about 8 or 9 kids there and you guys played and played and played. You searched for a cat in the basement for forever, and even made Marvin find you guys a flashlight. But most of the time you were outside and this was the first time I let you play outside without a parent out there, even when it got dark. This was a BIG step for me!! Around 9, I decided it was time to leave and you were NOT having it!! You ran away from me and told me, "It's NOT going to happen!!" Wow you weren't happy. BUT you konked out in the car on the way home. You slept with me that night and slept in till 9:30!!!! You have NEVER slept in that late!! Our playdate on Friday got canceled, but that was fine. We took our time getting ready and went to the library to check out some new books (mostly the Berenstein Bears). Then we went to lunch, just you and me at Chilis. We read while waiting for our meal and it was just so nice. There was a baby next to us that was super cute and you said that you wished you were that small. For the first time, I really meant it when I said I didn't wish you were that small. As much as I want time to stand still because you are growing up too fast, I am really enjoying this new stage you have entered. (yes, tantrums and all....because you have had to sit on the stairs quite a lot this week for being sassy!). Anyhoo, we came home and both took naps. Since your playdate that morning had been canceled, we went to the grocery store and got some brownies for your classmates and then took them to school for afternoon snacktime. We also got sidewalk chalk for you and your friends to play with and you played there for about an hour. When we got home you played outside all afternoon with some friends down the street. You have really become quite good at using your big girl voice and sticking up for yourself, and even told them that there was no way you were going inside to play because it was way too nice and you needed your Vitamin D!! Ha, too funny. On Saturday you had a birthday playdate at build a bear and then we all went to lunch at Fritz's. Saturday evening we did some crafting and made some more flowers. (you have been making lots of craft flowers to take to people wherever we go) And on Sunday, we did a lot of cleaning to get ready for Daddy to come home. You were such a great help cleaning, and I really mean that!! You kept asking, "May I help you do that?" Most jobs you stuck with, but not the dusting! When Daddy got home you HAD to show him your monkey bars, you can ALMOST do them by yourself. You spent time looking at things with your maginfying glass outside and playing with poppers while daddy put on the new storm door. This morning to end our Spring break, we went to Panera's on the way to school. It was a full moon that was still out this morning and you told me the moon was full and MUST have been hungry. When I asked why, you told me "because it ate up all the stars!" There werent' any stars out, so I see where you got that. Bug, I really did enjoy our Spring Break together. You are growing up way too fast, but it is sooo amazing to see how you are growing. It is fun to watch you learn new things and put new ideas together. It is fascinating to talk to you and try to figure out where your thoughts are coming from. You are such a little girl now, no longer a baby, and I am just amazed each day. I love you so very, very much.
Yes, I am counting down the days till Summer Vacation!!!
Love
Mommy

No comments: