Saturday, April 9, 2011

Breakfast with Belle and Friends

This morning I met up with a few fellow teachers and we took our girls to Breakfast with Belle, and the play Beauty and the Beast Junior. It was such fun!!! The girls were all super excited to get there. They were all dressed up and ready to meet Belle. They humored us and posed first though.

Love my Sassy Girl!!!
Meeting Belle.....
Comparing dresses....
Totally love (at least for Kailey)
Belle was beautiful!! She was also super talented and so nice to all the little girls. I think she is only 17!
The breakfast part was like a buffet. It is hard to tell, but there were cast members serving breakfast, and lit candlelaberas too.
There was also a pink lemonade fountain...
Sitting, not eating breakfast.....
I had to laugh when I took these. The girls were all gussied up and we moms looked like we had just come from a soccer game! Guess next time we should fancy ourselves too!!

Annie and Chloe....
Laura and Remy....
Andrea and Reese....
And us....of course her eyes are closed....
In the Auditorium waiting for the play to start....

At intermission, all the girls who were dressed like princesses got to be "Crowned" by Belle. They walked across the stage and were announced........Super CUTE!!!

Announcing Princess Reese.....
Princess Kailey.....



Two princess waiting for their friends to be crowned....
Princess Remy....

Still waiting for Chloe, Kailey found another Belle and they compared dresses....

And finally Princess Chloe....she skipped all the way across the stage...it was AWESOME!
Three bonafide princesses...
The play was wonderful. It was all put on by kids, with the oldest being 18 I think. They were all very talented. You never would have known that this wasn't a real professional play. The scenery was beautiful and the singing was great. Kailey loved the play. when the lights first went out, she whispered, "Mommy, I can't see anything." Then after the fist person did her lines telling the story of the beast, she proclaimed, "That was lovely." After the first song, she said, "that was wonderful". Whenever it would get dark for a scene change she would worry that it was over. Finally, by the end, she was up dancing by our chair (thank goodness there was room) She would have been in the aisle "ballet" dancing if I had let her!

Overall it was a wonderful experience and I am so lucky to have been able to do it with her. I will always cherish the memory of the look on her face when she first saw Belle. I love you Bug!!!

No comments: