Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest

I keep forgetting to write down the funny comments, because by the time bedtime rolls around I have forgotten most of them. Overheard from the bathroom the other night, " Daddy, can you please shut the curtain. I need some private time in here." When talking about eating ice cream at Grandma's house. "I don't want to do that, it gives me a head icicle." (instead of a brain freeze. she was pretty close though) Read for a not nice one??? "Fine, I'm not going to be your friend anymore!" when I replied, "That's okay, I have plenty of friends already." it was follwed by this... "Fine, I'm NOT going to be your daughter EVER again." Yes, the "terrible twos" we sooo not terrible compared to this! Getting into a hot car; "I'm so hot! I wish I was cool. I think I need some Kool-aid, that would cool me down." I couldn't help laughing at that one. I can count on one hand the amount of times she has had kool-aid, and they haven't been recently. Talking about one of the brothers of her friend. "Mommy when will Carson grow a different bottom?" Huh? What are you talking about? "Well, right now he has a pointy bottom and we girls don't." what kind of bottom do you have? "A Tutu bottom." Enough said. Reading the Bearenstein Bears weekend at Grandmas. The cubs didn't want to go because their grandparents were...well...old. I asked her if her grandparents were old. Her reply, "Just Grandpa and Gunga. GG and Grandma aren't." Leaving for work today, "Mommy, I love your earrings. They're gorgeous!"

1 comment:

Jill said...

Gotta love her. She is right, GG and Grandma are YOUNG.