Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Part 2

We started our Deanna Rose trip with Kailey saving this baby turtle. It was walking across the sidewalk and neither Marcus or I saw it. Kailey said, "Oh look, a turtle!" I totally thought she was looking at a rock. But, nope, it was this baby turtle.



She took it back to the pond and unceremoniously threw it in....




Daddy and Kailey watching it swim away...


Kailey is now old enough to ride the ponies, so of course that was the first thing she wanted to do!













Then Daddy and Kailey fed some geese....



I should have taken a video of this, but Kailey and the Geese were talking to each other. The geese were super loud because their nest was close by. One even tried to peck Marcus.



We stopped at the playground....this face cracks me up...I think another little girl wanted her pony....


One happy Mama!!!




Strolling along...


Swinging....





We fed the goats, who of course, ate the back of her shirt... This poor little baby didn't like being in there, he couldn't get any of the food...


Kailey miraculously turned into a catepiller...


and then morphed into a flower....



What a pretty garden....


Stopping to smell the real flowers....





Kailey makes friends everywhere.....


Picking our favorite fish....


On our Nature walk, Kailey sang a song the entire time about what we were going to see on our Nature walk and everytime we saw something new she would add it to the song. Here we found a bear....okay, we really found Daddy...



Cooling down before we left....


Ice cream from the old fashioned ice cream store....



Kailey saw the windmill and said, "Look daddy, the eiffel tower!!"

And, in true fashion, all of our trips to Deanna Rose end this way....


We headed home to take naps which was wonderful!!! Tonight was capped off with a spectacular dinner of pork loin, potatoes, and salad. Kailey played on the swings while daddy cooked and she sang the whole time. Her song was her own version of "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands." She sang for about 10 minutes about angels and God taking away our ouches and Jesus. It was adorable. I know I said it before, but I love my life. I love my family and I am so thankful to have been blessed with an amazing Husband and wonderful Daughter. They are so special to me. What a fabulous Mother's Day.

No comments: