Trying to figure out what to wear the next day. I got out a few outfits. She informed me, "The judges won't find those suitable." "Not that one, the judges won't be impressed." Finally, "oooh yes, the judges will love that one." I keep wondering, who are the judges?
Trying to pick out a card for her teacher. "Umm, not exactly." "No, that one isn't right." "No, that one won't do." "Pretty, but not it" Finally she found a cat one that SHE liked and said, "Ohhh, Miss Alex will love it!"
Sitting with me the other day. "Mommy, why is your tummy so fat?" Leave it to a kid to be brutally honest. "Honey, people don't like it when you call them fat." She looked at me, pondered for a bit. "Mommy, why is your tummy so bumpy?" Hmm, better, but still not PC. I said, "I like to consider it puffy. And it is because I eat too many things that aren't good for me." Then tonight she wanted to go to McDonalds, to which I said no. She said back, "That's fine. I don't want my tummy to get puffy, so I will NEVER eat McDonalds again." then in the same breath, "Unless you go there in the morning and give me your hashbrown. that will be okay."
When Kailey gets mad at us, she tells us that we are "the meanest mommy and daddy in the whole world." then she proceeds to tell us how she will punish us, "When we get home, I am going straight to my room and never coming out." or, "you are going to have to sit in time out when we get home, do you understand me?" Ahhh, the joys.

No comments:
Post a Comment