Thursday, August 9, 2007

ummmm yeah

With a few weeks left to go, I can honestly say that I just don't care about my appearance anymore. I know, I know, you NEVER thought you would hear me say those words....but it is true. All I can say is thank God for my hubby. He continues to tell me that I am the cutest pregnant girl ever....and we love him for lying!! Lack of sleep (it is currently 3:52 am), heat (causing the elephantitis in my feet and ankles by the end of the day), and the ever growing belly make for an interesting combo.

Oh, I almost forgot the best story of the day... So, there I was at school helping Georgia in her room. One of her friends came in to help as well and she was asking me about my pregnancy. She asked if I was returning after 6 weeks, or 12 (a slight grimace on her face at the thought of 12 weeks). When I told her neither, that I was taking a year's parental leave and may return in the fall, I thought the poor lady was going to have a heart attack. (mind you, she was old, so it is very possible!). She gasped and said..."so, you're going to take and entire...you're going to stay home WITH your child for an entire year?!" Oh, I about died laughing right there on the spot. And remember, it is never a good idea to get a pregnant lady laughing that hard...you never know what may happen. (we will just say thank you kiegal excercises). Anyhoo, it was the most honest and open response I had gotten and so different from the other moms who said how much I would love staying at home. oh, I loved it!!! I still keep chuckling when I think of the look of horror on her face. PRICELESS!!

No comments: