Well, yesterday didn't go as smoothly as I had envisioned. I pictured our first day together to be a quiet experience that might allow us to get into our own routine. Hmmm, yeah... guess I was wrong! The morning started out well. We played with the mobile, did some tummy time, swung in the swing, looked at different toy animals and even had story time. (Kailey isn't a big sleeper in the morning). Even with all those activities, Kailey still didn't want to sleep. She wanted to be held and even more importantly, she wanted to EAT. It was a buffet at the Howell house all day long. She would sleep for about 30 min and then wake up sqwalling that she needed to eat and eat NOW! It was a very exhausting day. She kept this up until about 11 PM last night and then finally went to sleep for a good three hours, was awake for an hour and then down for another 2 and a half. Thank God she likes to sleep at night!! Today we went to the Doc to get re-weighed and she has gained weight!! :) She is 8pds 1 ounce. So, that makes momma a happy camper. I guess I can't be doing all that bad. :) I get to go out tonight and play Bunko, so Marcus is on his own.
Anyhoo, here are pics of her in her swing and looking at the mobile. She really likes to stare at the mobile and it is really fun to watch her make that eye contact. Thanks to Aunt Suzy for buying her the mobile. :)


1 comment:
She's beautiful Griz! Congrats!
Post a Comment