Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Fiasco

I said I would NEVER do it. But, I have learned that with a baby, lots of things I would "never" do have gone right out the window. Before I had Kailey I hated it when people would bring their baby to a restaraunt. I would complain and even shoot dirty looks their way. So, I vowed that I would never bring my child to a restaraunt until she was old enough to "behave" (yeah, chuckle here, I now am). Anhoo....Mom and Dad had some friends that wanted to meet our new arrival and I thought to myself, "Well, Kailey is old enough to travel that far, and she is always such a happy baby, surely this will be fine." Yeah, famous last thoughts!!!


The day started out well. Kailey got up for her 6 am feeding, went right back to bed and slept until about 9:45. I got her up, dressed her in the cutest outfit that included tights and pink cowboy boots and even got her hair to stay down (a feat unto itself). I showed her in the mirror and she agreed that she looked super cute. She smiled and turned her head this way and that. We even took time to get some pics. (Isn't she cute?)

She drank another bottle and we were off. She did really well in the car and even fell asleep. (I know you are thinking, so what? Most babies fall asleep in the car...if you are thinking this, you don't know my child. She WAILS until she passes out in the car!) Anyhoo again...she fell asleep and when we got to the restaurant I covered the carrier with a blanket so the wind wouldn't get to her. Dad met me and carried her into the establishment (can you tell I am getting tired of misspelling restaurant?). Mom and dad took over and removed the blanket and tried to get her out. Well that is when the SCREAMING started!! WOW can she scream. I was so embarrassed that I grabbed her and we went into the bathroom (which was no bigger than my closet). We tried a bottle, we tried a new diaper, we tried taking off the boots and the tights, finally when I turned on the hand dryer she calmed down enough to take some bottle. We returned to the table about 15 min after entering the place and tried to sit and eat. She wimpered, but finally sat quietly drinking her bottle. It only lasted about 15 minutes and then the crying started again. The poor friends who came to meet Kailey certainly did not get to see her smile or her friendly good natured side! I got all sweaty from what I was sure were daggers from all of the eyeballs that were on us (yeah, yeah, I know...Karma). So, in a rush I bundled her up, said goodbye on the run and got the hell out of dodge! Poor girl screamed the whole way to my parents house and even then really never calmed down. We had ruined her whole day, and she started out so well.... Yeah, I go back to my original statement....I am NEVER taking a baby to a restaurant again!!!


Dear My Parent's Friends,

I just knew my mom was going to post about yesterday's ordeal, so I wanted to make sure to get in my side too!! Man, I looked cute yesterday!! Don't you agree???

Anyhoo, about 15 minutes into the car ride, my adorable cowboy boots started to make my feet fall asleep, so I thought, what the heck? I just went with it and dozed off too. Before I knew it I was in a really weird place. It was super loud and there were people I was sure were not in the car with me before, leaning over me taking me out of my snuggled in spot. On top of that, one of my boots had fallen off, my diaper was soaked, and the tights were cutting off circulation to my chubby (yet lovable) tummy. They started forcing a bottle down my mouth, to which I was more than okay with, (A girl has to eat ya know?) only to find out that it had a disc in the bottle that wasn't allowing the milk out. I mean seriously....who does that to a baby. Then I was being shoved into a bathroom no bigger than mom's closet, that didn't have a changing table, being changed in mid air. My tights were torn off, my boots gone and I was still HUNGRY! When I finally get to eat, everyone is staring at me, which is usally a good thing because I LOVE attention. But the thing was my hair was all messed up from the carseat, I had on no tights, no boots, and tear marks on my face. Not a way you want to be seen in the public. Plus, did I mention the place was loud?? Now, can you blame me for being super unhappy? No, I didn't think so. The only positive of the day was that I got to see GG and Grandaddy, but they just couldn't figure out why I wouldn't take a nap at their house....well, DUH... I wanted to visit with them. It isn't my fault if I get fussy when I am tired, they should be happy I wanted to spend time with them! :) Overall guys, it was a stressfull day and I hope my mom DOES NOT make me do it again!!! (If she does, will one of you PLEASE come rescue me?)

Getting over the trauma,

Kailey

3 comments:

Cheryl Finch said...

Dearest Kailey,
I am so sorry that you had to ensure such horror! Your mommy knows better than to take a princess out amongst her people without full dress attire. You are welcome to come stay with us, you know we have lots of fun things to do and kids to amuse you with! Poor little princess :-)

Cheryl Finch said...

Obviously you know that I meant endure the horror!! :-)

Jessica said...

Uh, yea...did I ever tell you about the time Ellie started screaming bloody murder in Target- I feel your pain. You will eat in an establishment again - I promise!