Dear My Parent's Friends,
This past weekend I had a TON of fun! All day Saturday I watched it snow and I eagerly waited and waited and waited. Mom and Dad kept saying that I would get to build a snowman, but as night fell, I still had yet to play outside. I went to sleep wondering why they had lied to me and all night long I dreamt about my new friend Frosty whom I had yet to build. On Sunday I woke Mommy and Daddy up at the suitable time of 7 AM (I let them sleep in hoping that they would let me out of this prison they call a house) and let them fix me breakfast. I kept looking out the window at the pristine white snow hoping my subtle glances would clue them in to the fact that I wanted, needed to get out in the snow. FINALLY they got out the gear, and before mom could get my stuff ready, I was dressed and ready to go in HER stuff! She thought it was sooo cute that she wasted precious time taking a picture. Once we were dressed and all snuggled up, we went out into the winter wonderland. Daddy took me out and taught me about icicles on the trees.
He said that they made good ninja weapons. I don't quite know what that means, but I smiled and nodded anway. Next, I HAD to go down the slide that was covered in snow. However, once at the top, I wasn't sure I wanted to go down.
Dad pushed me down and I landed with an oooomph in the snow at the bottom.
It was fun, but I didn't want to do it again. I had better, bigger things on my mind. BUILDING MY SNOWMAN!!! Daddy and I rolled the balls (okay, daddy did all the work, but I let him think I was helping...a girl has to make her daddy feel needed you know).
Next Mommy and I put on the finishing touches.
I think Frosty turned out fantastic!!
The snow was perfect for snow angels and even better for a snowball fight. I took it easy on my parents and only threw them at their feet
. See my form....if you look closely you can see my snowball in flight. Daddy is super scared here, but is trying to look brave for the camera.
Notice, I am such a tough girl that I ditched my mittens for a more hands on throwing experience. Conducting a snowball fight really makes you parched, so I ate some snow to quinch the thirst.
I ate a LOT of snow. The morning was going by so fast that I decided to lie down for a moment and enjoy the experience of the freedom and the snow.
What a great morning. I sure am glad that mommy is back and that they finally came through on their promise to play in the snow.
I hope your parents let you out to play too. Or, if you are wardens (I mean parents), I hope you let your delightful children out to do what children do best!!! Come Visit....or at least write!
Yours till the snowman melts....
Kailey aka prisoner 00000001
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How fun! We actually did the same thing this weekend. It was E's first time to play in the snow. I was like, "She's playing in the snow at least once before she's 2!
HA! Either we're lazy parents or its been the coldest winter ever!
Kailey,
Grandpa and I can't wait until you are old enough to be pulled on a sled behide the 4 wheeler. You are going to LOVE that. Your cousin Weston does. Again great snowman! Love Grandma
Excellent craftsmanship. You get an A+ for artisic flare!
Post a Comment