Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm Baaaaack!!

Did you miss me? I know, you didn't miss me, you missed seeing little Kailey monkey girl.
That is okay, I missed seeing her too. While I was gone a lot went on without me! :(

Kailey got a rash right before I left. She did fine at Jill's house on Thursday, but by Friday Marcus ended up taking off work to take her to the doctor. We still aren't 100% sure of what caused it, but we think she is developing an allergic reaction to the bubbles we have been using in the bathtub. Anyhoo, they enjoyed a day of snuggling on the couch after the doc apt. Neither of them minded that Marcus wasn't at work, I am sure!

Saturday, Kailey had a sleep-over at Gunga and GG's house and Sunday she spent the day with daddy again. From what I am told they had a great time until it was time for Marcus to go to softball. Then Auntie Jane came to babysit and Kailey had had it by then. She wanted mommy to come home!!! Poor Auntie Jane had to put up with her crying and screaming. :(

On Monday, Marcus said it was a whiney filled, snuggley day. Kailey and Marcus surprised me by showing up at the airport with flowers! What a great homecoming! Kailey was super excited to see me and kept giggling! It was adorable! She handed over my flowers and said, "Thank you!". The next two things she noticed were the fact that I had lipstick on (I hardly ever wear any) and my new purse. She kept saying, "Lipstick, mommy. Pretty purse" Ahhh, such a girly girl! We got my bags and away we went for lunch. It was a fabulous homecoming!!

When we got home, I got to see how much Kailey had grown in just one week!
You don't think it really happens, but in just that short amount of time, my baby had grown. She learned to make this noise with her tongue, she learned to stand on one leg and jump off the stool, she sings her songs ALL the way through now, she climbs the stairs without any help and she always insists on eating in Mommy's Chair. How did all that occur in just one week?? It kills me!!

That being said, I had an amazing time in Baltimore with Amie. We went shopping, hung out, took in some musuems and even played skee-ball. It was a relaxing, grown up, much needed break from reality. Thanks to all that helped make it possible for me to go by helping out with Kailey while I was gone. I know that it was GREAT for Marcus and Kailey to get to spend that time together, and it only reinforced what a great daddy Marcus is.....but, I don't want to be gone that long again!! I missed my family tooo much!!

No comments: