Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pirates


Just in case any of you were wondering...Pirates are not a gender specific aspiration for little ones. In fact, my little girly girl thinks she IS a pirate. (Thank you Wiggles and Captain Feathersword)
EVERYTHING is said with "Me Hardies" either before or after it. Right before I came to write this, I put her down to bed, told her to sleep well and her reply was, "Night me hardies!" When we went to the park the only way she would go down the slide was if I said, "Me Hardies, slide down." At dinner how do I get her to eat? Tell her that "good pirates eat all their oranges, me hardies." If you sneeze? "Bless you me Hardies!" is her response. "Flush, me hardies" when she is in the bathroom....you get the point. It totally didn't help that today she watched an episode of Backyardigans and they were pretending to be pirates. I am expecting any day now that she will request an eye patch or a feathersword. It's a Pirates life for me.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That's got to be one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time!

Ryann said...

That is freaking hilarious...and I am totally coming to your house for Easter. Good stuff!! Based on the fact that Austin doesn't know what Easter is yet, he got puffs in a couple of eggs, and I blew bubbles in his face. I'm such an awesome mom.

Ryann said...

I found the monkey basket at Target. They had a bunch of animals. Pretty cute stuff.