Kailey started her gymnastics class last week. It is a class where they don't have the parents in with them. We only get to watch from the glass window. I was sooo afraid of how Kailey was going to behave. She isn't, how should I put it, low maintenance. When the teacher came out to get the kids, Kailey went right in without so much as a backwards glance. She followed the teacher right over to the mats and sat on her square criss cross applesauce and waited quietly. I was sooo impressed, I thought I might cry. She followed all the instructions, waited her turn, lined up correctly, did somersaults, back rolls, jumped into the pit, didn't run around when she was waiting. I was SHOCKED!!! this class is for 3 year olds, and I was told that I wouldn't get my money back if she couldn't handle it. So, I went in prepared for the worst, but came out hoping for the best. She had a great time. The second class she was a little distracted. She still did what she was told, but I saw her checking out all the other gymnastics going on around her. Towards the end, she was doing her back rolls, then running back up the mat instead of around. I kept waiting for the teacher to tell her not to, but she never did. Oh well, guess I can't expect perfection.
When we left Kailey really wanted to get a leotard. She had noticed that she was one of the few girls who didn't have one. They have them for sale there, but they are 84$! They are the ones for the kids who spend their whole time in the gym. Needless to say, we went Target and tried some on. She didn't want to get the black short kind because another one of the girls had it (good for her! normally she wants exactly what her friends have), and the pink ballet ones were kinda see through. So, she picked out this black one. I think it will be perfect for gymnastics and the dance class she starts at the end of the month. She wore it all day after we got it, and even had to sleep in it last night!! She LOVES it!!
I will keep you posted on the dance class. hopefully that will go over well too!!
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Gymnastics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nadia Komanich (msp) move over, Kailey Howell is taking over. Ha!
Love Grandma
Post a Comment