Well, Bowling Day finally arrived!! Kailey was super excited to go and once we got there, the excitement did NOT diminish!! "Can we bowl, when can we bowl? Why do I have to wear THESE shoes? Is it time? Why do we have to wait? Where is my ball? I want a pink one! I can do it by myself! Are they ever getting here? " and that was all in the first 30 seconds of being there. I was already tired before we got started!!
Finally, we were ready to start bowling. Kailey wanted me to give you her 15 step program to a wonderful bowling experience....here you go.
Step 1: Find your ball and lug it around like you are throwing a shot-put...
Step 5...yell "You can do it!" at the ball....it helps...
Step 6...watch the pros...no wait, don't watch her, she doesn't use the holes for the fingers...
Step 7...turn and cheer for all those watching you (yes, mommy missed the moment). Come back to the group every time saying with SUCH excitement, "Guess what guys? I did it! I knocked sooo many over!! Did you see that??" and secretly hope that they DIDN'T see it, because in reality you only knocked 1 over. But, if you say it with enough excitement, the group WILL buy what you are selling!
Step 8...Take turns. Do not, I repeat, do not throw a fit and cry because you don't want to take turns. Your mom will not like it, it doesn't matter if you are only 3.


Step 10...use said pink dinosaur thingy with flair and bring jazz arms out to finish strong
Step 11...while waiting the LONG wait for your ball to reach the pins, strike a pose with your bum up in the air. Everyone wants to see what undies you have on anyway...
Step 12....repeat step 7
Step 13....Help a friend who is afraid to do it by herself. (Note to self: Do not yell in her face later in the game. It will hurt her feelings and make your mom upset)

Step 9...ask for help from a friendly pink dinosaur slide thingy....(yes, Marcus pointed out that the handicapped kids use these, but I think the guy who worked there was tired of having to get our stalled balls).
Step 14...Encourage your friend to celebrate her awesome bowling skills by pulling your dresses up! Fantastic!
Step 15...Run through the bowling alley and swivel on the twirley chairs to indicate that you are done. Make sure to be really hyper with your friends to emphasize to your moms that you are NO where near being worn out. That way they will take you to the park.
By using my failproof bowling steps, you are sure to have a wonderful, Bowlrific time!! Good luck, I hope you get a strike!!
XOXOXO
Kailey

1 comment:
HA! That one had me laughing!! Looks like you all had a fun time! Maybe I should take Ellie!
Post a Comment