Memorial Day weekend, what to say about it? Hmmm, exhausting, rainy family fun!!!
It started out with the inagural trip for the pop up. Here I am contemplating why on earth we were camping in the rain. Oh, wait, family fun...I forgot. We went camping with one of Kailey's friends from school. Marcus and her dad knew each other from work, so we met up with them and their friends. They have a full blown camper with a bathroom and everything! It was pretty cool. Despite the drizzle, the girls wanted to fill up the baby pool even though we told them not to....check out the innocent looks...
After naps Kailey got her nails painted by Kaylee who was super sweet...
And I captured parenting at its best....
Behind our campsite was a concrete slab. The kids were using it to ride on ride toys and bikes. Well there was only one bike for the girls to share and 2 bikes for the boys. Marcus and another dad rode to the nearest town and bought some more bikes since it was supposed to be rainy all weekend and the kids really needed something to do. So....Kailey got her first bike. Marcus picked out a Barbie bike and Kailey loved it....

Matching helmet....
Ready to go!!! She did pretty well, but still struggles a bit. I do have a video I will try to load of her wiping out. Poor girl. She just gives up sooo easily. Since we have been home she hasn't wanted to ride it once!! :(
Roasting marshmellows for smores...or as Kailey likes them....one marshmellow, one graham cracker and one chocolate....SEPERATELY....they can NOT go together!! Like her new camp chair??
That night she didn't fall asleep til 11:30, after I threatened to take her home and not come back. Hmmm, seems like a trend, I had to do that last year too!!
We did an art project with some liquid watercolors and filters. They made a moblie with a stick and what ended up looking like tye-dyed circles. I was busy being art teacher, so I didn't get pics, but check out Kailey's arm in this next one...luckily liquid watercolors wash right out...
The girls continued playing in the drizzle. Their favorite game was house, and the boat trailers were their cars and homes. The frisbee was definately a fashionable hat.
7:30 cam too early the next day for both of us...But Daddy cooked an amazing meal of eggs, bacon and pancakes!! Yummy!!
The sun finally came out and Kailey and the girls hit the pool...and each other....yes, the tired girls were full of it!!
Finally everyone got ready for the boat ride....


On the boat...what bathing beauties....

My two favorite people...
Kailey was SUPER excited for her first ever boat ride. She couldn't quit giggling!!!
I guess she had a blast. I didn't go, but Marcus said she kept telling Mr. Tyler to go super fast. She even got in the water to go on the tube, but then realized she had to go potty. She refused to go in the water and then just cried until they got back to the dock and she could use the real restroom. Poor girl was exhasted!! They were out on the water for about 2 hours. Once back at the site, she rapidly melted down. We rushed to get all packed up and headed home. Overall it was a successfull camping trip with LOTS of memories, but it sure was wet!
The next day we celebrated our Mother's and Father's day at Brad and Jills. It was a relaxed bbq with the family and the pool. The sun finally came out in the afternoon which made it nice for the pool. It was a great way to wrap up the weekend.
Two swimmers, I mean floaters....

No comments:
Post a Comment